Sunday, December 27, 2015


Hi Dave,

I wanted to tell you about an application for CoolChem cyanopoxy product.

I have a 2007 GMC Yukon and live in Minnesota. My air conditioner went out. So I took to a shop and they told me one of the lines had a small hole due to corrosion and all the refridgerant leak out making the AC in the car not work.

I ask what it would cost to replace the line and they said, the lines come in a kit and I would have to replace all of them for almost a thousand yet $967.00.
I di not want to spend that kind of money so I thought I would try your product on the corroded hose, if it did not work it only cost me $37.00 dollar for the refrigerant charge I bought at Oreilleys Auto.
This is what I did
I located the corroded line and the small pin hole.
I took a wire bush and cleaned of the corrosion until the pipe or line was shiny and clean.
I then took a small piece of sand paper and clean the area around the pin hole.
I then took a rag with alcohol and cleaned the surface around the hole very good.
I then sprayed the activator on the area around the pinhole.
I took a piece of black 5/8 rubber holes cut it so it was about 3 inches long giving me about an extra inch on each side of the corroded area.
I then slice the hose length wise down the middle so I could place it around the AC line
I cleaned the inside of the hose with alcohol and let it dry
I put a small layer of integrator all around the inside of the rubber hose, wetting the entire inner surface of the inner hose with the integrator
I placed the hose around the line covering the entire corroded area and about an inch on both sides of the affected area.
I let it cure the hose bonded very fast to the AC line
about an hour later I charged the system with the refrigerant charging can I bought on sale at the auto parts store for about $34 dollars
I started the Yukon and push the AC button it did not blink like before and shut off and stayed on
after a few minutes it was working blowing cold air again it was working
I shut it off and then the next day tried it again and it was still working
It has been working now for 6 weeks I will let you know if I make through the summer.

So far so good,


No comments:

Post a Comment